Virtual Home Visiting 103: Engaging Families
This module provides information about engaging families in virtual services. You’ll learn the importance of reflecting on your attitudes, building relationships, managing technology, checking in with parents, monitoring your energy and adjusting plans as needed throughout the process. Most importantly, you’ll see that engagement is a two-way process: your engagement supports the family’s engagement and their engagement helps you to stay engaged.
- Define family engagement.
- List characteristics of family engagement in the virtual environment.
- Identify challenges and opportunities for engaging families in virtual services.
- Describe specific strategies to support engagement in the virtual environment.
- Identify strategies for engaging families in phone visits.
Rapid Response - Virtual Home Visiting Collaborative. (2021). Virtual Home Visiting 103: Engaging Families. Institute for the Advancement of Family Support Professionals. https://institutefsp.org/modules/virtual-home-visiting-103-engaging-families
- Institute for the Advancement of Family Support Professionals
- Supplemental Materials
- Estimated Time to Complete
- 45 minutes
- Skills Addressed
- Effective Home Visits