The Learning Journey: Supporting Staff to Transfer Learning Into Practice
This 45-minute online module introduces family support supervisors to the concept of Transfer of Learning and offers strategies, resources and activities they can use to support their staff members’ professional development and to ensure that family support professionals use new learning and skills in their daily practice.
- Define Transfer of Learning.
- Describe the supervisor’s role in transfer of learning.
- Identify activities before and after training that enhance transfer of learning.
- Identify strategies for making learning social.
- Institute for the Advancement of Family Support Professionals
- Supplemental Materials
- Estimated Time to Complete
- 45 minutes
- Skills Addressed
- Relationship-based Family Partnerships Program evaluation Quality improvement Continuous learning Professional development Professional Practice Goal setting Collaboration